Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rider Bio: John M.

Who you are: John M.

Years riding the MS150: This is my second year, both with the Penultimates.

Why you ride:
A) For social exercise/fun; it's way more pleasant than riding alone.
B) To keep my own chronic (non-MS) health problems under control; taking up biking made a huge difference for several serious health issues, besides getting me in generally good shape.
C) To give me a goal that keeps me motivated; kind of like I ride the SF Century to give me a goal that helps me keep riding during the spring winds.
D) To benefit the fight against MS! What can be better than using something you enjoy to benefit a worthy cause?


What you ride (bike bio): Felt Z100, my first decent road bike. Until last month, I was riding my Kona Dr. Dew Deluxe (my regular commuting bike - a steel frame hybrid with full fenders, pannier rack, etc.) for distance rides, but it was more work than fun for the long stuff, so I am excited to put some miles on my new ride.

Longest ride to date: 104 mi (SF Century)

One interesting rider fact about you: I don't speak it with a foreign accent, but English is my second language; though I am way out of practice with my first. Bonus fact: Within a month of being born, I had spent time in three different countries.

Best cycling memory: First twenty miles of the second day of the MS150 last year (Nambé-Chimayó-Santa Cruz). I was still recovering from some overnight tummy troubles, but the scenery and general setting made me forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment