Monday, July 2, 2012

Rider Bio: Geoff

Who: Geoff B.

Why/who for: For friends and family suffering from autoimmune diseases

History: This will be my 2nd MS150

Longest ride: single day = first day of MS150; multi-day = Durango to Moab on a mountain bike

Best cycling memory: no one specific instance, but the familiar combination of a slight burn in your legs, a bit of a breeze in your face, and a smile to match the satisfaction of traveling under your own power.

Steed: I ride a LeMond of unknown pedigree and questionable maintenance for which I (over)paid a whopping $150 at the bike swap a few years back. It likes to shift about as much as I do...

Least favorite parts of road biking: spandex! ... and acknowledging that the leading risk of injury is no longer a cactus-and-boulder-riddled mistake of your own but someone else behind the wheel of their car

Message to potential new MS150 riders: Get off the fence and sign up! I was intimidated last year by both the ride (I'd not ridden more than 20 miles on the road before my single training ride with the team last year) and the fundraising, but both turned out to be much less of a challenge than I expected and even--gasp--fun!

Recovery drink of choice: any good IPA

Notice the lack of spandex

No comments:

Post a Comment