Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rider Bio: Blythe C.

Who you are: Blythe C.

Who do you ride for: Friends and family with MS. And all those affected.

What you ride (bike bio): A white and blue Specialized. It's pretty.

Longest ride to date: Bike MS 2011

One interesting rider fact about you: I bought my first road bike in spring 2011. I trained that summer for the Bike MS short ride, but decided at the last minute to go for the long!

How epic fig newtons are in general: I used to hate fig newtons as a kid; I always went for the apple ones. But as a rider, I have to say that I would not make it without those tasty, energy-boosting treats!

Best memory of a previous MS ride: On the second day of Bike MS 2011, there was this excruciating climb up to Truches. I felt like it would never end, but then at the top we had 'cycletinis' and everyone gave us so much praise for making it. The way back down had incredible scenery and was the longest, fastest downhill I've experienced. It was just a great feeling knowing I made it and having that beautiful downhill as a reward.

Your favorite recovery meal/beverage: Coconut water & Domo Cupcakes :)


Game face

No comments:

Post a Comment