Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rider Bio: Ali

Who you are: Ali S., founding member of the Penultimates, wife of Captain Snookums, and the brains of the operation

Longest ride to date:  64 miles on the first day of last years MS ride

One interesting rider fact about you: This year will be the second time I attempt to ride post baby.

Essential ride gear:  my seat, well-padded shorts and lots of chamois butter - all learned the hard way

Essential ride food: other than Fig Newtons, shot blocks and lots of water (slightly flavored to remove the almost inevitable plastic taste)

Humiliating cycling memory:  My first MS ride I didn't make it out of the starting line area on the first day without stopping.  Well, actually, I was so excited to be riding I forgot to check to see if my front brake was connected.

Favorite post ride food: something that was once mooing

Highlight of 2012 season:  Having the time to train.  Not looking likely this year!

Highlight of 2012 ride: Having an injured Val go all momma-bear and protecting our group from marauding packs of dogs by riding point armed with a large stick.

Learn more about Ali here from her bio from last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment