Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday's Ride 8/12: Ali's first 50-mile ride of the season

[Ali kindly wrote up today's ride, which she subtitled her "first 50 mile ride of the season with seasoned Penultimates".  Her 3 fellow riders had all gone to Santa Fe the day before, but where in the saddle to get used to riding two back to back days.  Ali's write up below.]

That's right! Looking for more pain, Greg, Gary and Jeff joined me bright and early for the big loop around the city. (Insert the photo that should have been taken here...oops!)

Since the other three were in various stages of saddle soreness/recovery, I'd like to think the pace I set was just right for everybody. We made it Smith's in good time and headed up Tramway. No one seemed super excited about the tram spur, even taunts about beer buying didn't work, we kept going around. We said adios to Jeff at the Paseo spur and the rest of us kept heading down the Bosque.

It was a beautiful morning, but when it decided to get hot, it did so pretty quickly. We were slowed down a little due to a race on trail south of Tingley (Was that your race Eric?), and a little more due to my waning endurance. While the last 10 miles seemed to take forever for me, I was continually boosted up by teammate support. I still owe Gary a Slurpee for that!

I just have to say how lucky we are that we have each other to train with. I'm really looking forward to riding with everyone in two weeks!

Next weekend: looking for ideas. Hill workout? Jemez Dam part 2? City loop in reverse? Any ideas let me know.

And thanks again for a great ride!


Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment