Sunday, June 16, 2013

Rider Bio: Captain Snookums

Who you are: David S.

Nickname: Captain Snookums or the Flying Scotsman

Years riding the New Mexico MS150: will be my 5th

Why I ride: Because right now I can, and I know that it might not always be the case.

One interesting rider fact about you:  Despite being the captain, I am still one of the slowest riders on the team.  Lead from behind!

Highlight of 2012's training season:  The epic lunch at El Parasol after biking the 70 miles from ABQ to Santa Fe along the Turquoise Trail.  Fun teammates, great sense of accomplishment, and never has food tasted so good!

Your cycling special skill:  My mastery of gravity assisted riding (i.e. going downhill)  See this post on why gravity is bad on the up, and this one on why it is good on the down.

Favorite ride food/beverage:  Fig Newton's of course!

Donate to the cause at my rider website here.

Rockin' the kilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment