Sunday, May 20, 2012

Penultimates at the Santa Fe Century

We had quite a few riders participate in the Santa Fe Century - congrats to John, Val, Laura, Catherine, Diane, and Jeff!  Details are scarce, but eyewitness reports seem to indicate that several riders did the 50 and others did the full century.  No photos from the actual event, but I have put together a artist rendition of what I think the ride looked like:

Artist rendition of the Santa Fe Century
Here is some testimony from actual participants.  From Laura:
Val, John, and I met up for the start.  It was a bit windy, but still excellent cycling weather.  We had a great time reminiscing about the MS 150, the training ride to Santa Fe, and David’s definitions of “flat” and “downhill.”   (Editors note: I have no idea what she is talking about - bwah ha ha!
John rode with us to the 50/100 mile split, then decided to enjoy the great day and go for the century.  Val and I continued on to Galisteo, where we met some of her former Team in Training teammates, a few of whom have joined the Penultimates.  After grabbing “bike-through” popsicles, we charged up the Lamy hill.  At Eldorado, Val and I met up with new Penultimates Catherine and Diane, who joined us for the ride into Santa Fe.
From Val:
Oh, one addition.  While waiting with Catherine and Diane for the last of their TNT riders, I did witness Jeff crossing the finish line and making a bee-line for his vehicle.
From Jeff:
My friend (a very new road rider) I was going to ride the 50 with hurt herself on Saturday.  I ended up riding the 100 with her husband and his friends.  I'm sore!
Sounds like a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment